Monday, September 14, 2009

What the Bleep

A previous wedding client of mine was at a wedding I was photographing the other week and she told me the sad story of her friend. Her photographer canceled her wedding booking a few weeks before her wedding. She asked me if I was available and if it was ok to contact her to recommend my services.

So she contacted her and met up with her and showed her the album I had done for them and I got a call a few days later. I started off by asking her what happened and tried to understand if any alternative was offered by the photographer, there wasn't. Now I can't understand how someone can considers themselves a professional can do this to someone.

I then asked her what the previous photographer had offered in her package to get an idea of how much she had budgeted for. It turned out the package had considerably less than I provide in mine so I made the assumption she was paying a lot less than I charge. I believe you have two choices in this life, you can be fair and kind or you can be a selfish and greedy. I believe I am the former so I offered my standard package with a nice little discount.

Article including images copyright of Gerard Foy Photography.
www.gerardfoy.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment