Monday, September 14, 2009

Joanne and Steve Engagement Shoot

As part of my wedding package I provide an engagement shoot as standard. Why do I go to this extra trouble for no extra money? Simple really.
  • I like to spend a bit of time with my clients before their day, get to know them a bit more and be more like friends and not just a photographer.
  • My clients get a feel as to what its like to be in front of the camera. Most people have never been in a situation where a camera is photographing them all day. This can start out as a daunting experience, leading to forced smiles and stiff jaws. This is not a look I aspire to when I am covering a wedding. Having a bit of fun in front of the camera and seeing how amazing they can look when photographed by me is also a real confidence boost to my clients. How many times have we heard "Oh, I don't like getting my photograph taken, I always look horrible", or something to that affect.
  • I am studying them, learning what they are like in front of the camera. Are they tense or nervous? Are the couple shy? Can they be intimate with one another in front of the camera?
  • I like to go to the Reception venue during this time with my clients, so I can get a feel for the venue. See if there is a plan B available if its raining etc.
I met up with Joanne and Steve on Saturday. I will have a few more of these images going up over the next couple of days. Their reception is down in Trim. And across the road from the hotel is Trim Castle. Funny enough I spent a day photographing this location for college so I am very familiar with it. Its such a cool location for photography. Fashion, Wedding, Lifestyle, Landscapes..You name it this place has it covered. I honestly can't wait for the wedding here, its going to be so much fun.

Article including images copyright of Gerard Foy Photography.
www.gerardfoy.com

1 comments:

Anthony said...

seen you at this wedding ger and have to say recommended you highly many times so far, the work and energy you put into your packages is phenomenal. Also great to see somebody enjoy photography and not just see it as "another job"

Great work !!!

Post a Comment