Monday, September 7, 2009

Donna and Gary - Wedding Day

Saturday 5th September 2009.... Wow, what a day. Where do we begin?
Well, first of all we would like to once again thank Donna and Gary for placing their trust in us by allowing us to photograph and document their wedding day. Both Phil and I really enjoyed the day and all your friends and family were a privilege to work with.
We hope you liked the little gifts we had planned for you throughout the day.

Congratulations to both of you once again, we wish you years of happiness together.
I have put together a few images of your day.
Guests and well wishers, please feel free to leave comments and leave your best wishes for Donna and Gary here. Also, don't forget to check out the website for all the proof images of the day.
Wedding days start early for me and finish late, I like to cover as much as possible and tell the story of the day in my albums. So I met Phil at the church at 09:45 and we set to work. We got both exterior and interior shots of the church.
When I entered the church, I noticed a big stained glass window to the right of the altar and I thought it would throw a cool pattern of light and colour on the back wall. So I stuck a strobe outside, placed it low and angled it up to light as much of the wall as possible.
Once we had a few detail shots of the church in the bag we made our way to Donna's house. I have to say, everything seemed very relaxed in the house as was Donna herself. I made my way upstairs to get some nice shots of the dress and shoes while Phil focused on getting some shots of Donna getting her hair and makeup done.
Phil then headed off to photograph Gary while I stayed at Donna's house. There was no question of Donna keeping with tradition and being late. She left just a few minutes past one and with the church just around the corner she didn't even have time to settle into her seat.
The beauty of two photographers, is the coverage we can provide. I was able to get photos of Donna leaving the house safe in the knowledge Phil is on hand to complete the story at the church. Donna is looking wonderful in this image as she exits the wedding car after her very short journey to get there.
Father Ben gave a very nice service and thankfully it didn't go on too long. That type of thing just puts everyone under pressure for the rest of the day as all the plans go out the window. I believe he really liked the gift we got Donna and Gary. We hope it will serve as a small reminder of the wonderful day we all had (yea, including your photographers, we had a blast).
With so much going on at a wedding as a photographer I always have one eye on the kids. You just never know what they are going to. The moment I saw her do this (sorry don't know her name) this was the image that was in my mind. I only got off one frame before she turned around, but one was all I needed to get this wonderful little image.
Once all the church proceedings were over Donna finally got to try out her wedding car. With a 40 mile journey ahead of her to the Hamlet Court, Enfield, Co. Meath. I'd like to take the opportunity the thank John and all the staff down there for looking after me and Phil. Thanks also for letting me store some of gear in the office that was a great help throughout the evening.

Thanks once again to Donna and Gary for hiring us. I'll leave you with one more image. I don't like static posed traditional photographs...Its either casual, semi-posed or fashion type shots like this one.
I've attached the link to Matt Ryans video preview of the day and I'd also like to thank Matt for his respect towards our job during the day. I've worked with Matt in the past and he's always a dream to work with. Good work on the video Matt.




Article including images copyright of Gerard Foy Photography.
www.gerardfoy.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just spent quite the time looking through Donna and Gary's wedding album. You and Phil did a wonderful job capturing their special day. I especially enjoyed seeing how your creativity came through.

DONNA & GARY: Congratulations on your marriage! One can clearly see the love between you two and the beauty of your wedding enhanced the showing of that love perfectly. I wish you a long and happy life together full of special moments!

~Anthony

Post a Comment