Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Natural Light Portrait

Here are two edits of a natural light image I took of my daughter in France. I positioned my daughter with the sun behind her (so I was shooting into the sun) and I had a large white wall behind me. This large wall acted as a large fill reflector filling the shadows and taking down the contrast.

I set my camera to manual exposure, set the aperture I wanted (personally I like F4 to F5.6 for portraits like this, this was shot at F4), zoomed in my camera so I was only metering for the skin on the face and changed my shutter speed until the camera meter told me the exposure was correct.


With my exposure set I was free to concentrate on composition and interaction with my daughter.
The result...a very pleasing portrait from my holidays in France.



0 comments:

Post a Comment